Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Welcome to Dr. Greenhouse's Blog!

Welcome to my new home of writing the musings of my everyday life. This blog reflects my interests, intellectual pursuits and home spun stories all in one location.

Speaking of home-spun stories, why is this called Dr. Greenhouse's blog?

As an undergraduate at North Carolina State University, I worked part-time in the local Wal-Mart garden center. While in the store one night at the beginning of my Wal-Mart "Career," one of my fellow associates asked me about what I was studying in college. When he found out that I was concentrating my major in Horticultural Science, he tagged on me, "Well I guess that makes you a plant doctor, so you are like a Dr. Greenhouse. The nickname stuck and it has become more valid that I am now pursuing my Ph. D. in Agricultural Education.

I hope to reflect the style of the successful columnist writer; sometimes funny, sometimes passionate, sometimes tear-jerking, and always entertaining. Thanks for visiting and I hope that you will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment